- Please note that this page is specifically for the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship defended in World Championship Wrestling. This page is not for the revived WWE United States Championship which is currently on the WWE SmackDown program, or for the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship which was a championship in WCW's predecessor, Jim Crockett Promotions.
The WCW United States Championship was created when Jim Crockett Promotions officially changed to World Championship Wrestling and they broke away from the National Wrestling Alliance, when this happened the then current NWA United States Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger became the first champion.
When WCW was purchased in 2001 by Vince McMahon the title was then owned by the World Wrestling Federation as with all other previous championships in the promotion. The title reappeared on television when the last champion Booker T “invaded” the WWF during the Invasion storyline but the title was now officially a WWF championship (although still defended under the WCW name) as the WCW United States Championship until the title retired in the WWF at Survivor Series 2001.
- World Championship Wrestling
- Champion history - History of the wrestlers who have held the belt.
- Champion gallery - A picture gallery of the wrestlers who have held the belt.
- Title matches - Matches in which the title was defended.