The 2006 Verano de Escándalo (Spanish for "Summer of Scandal") was the tenth annual Verano de Escándalo professional wrestling show promoted by Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). The show took place on September 17, 2006 in Naucalpan like the previous year’s event. The Main event featured a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match between the AAA Loyalist team of Gronda II, Octagón and La Parka facing Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) representatives Jeff Jarrett, Abyss and Konnan.
The event featured eight professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds or storylines. Wrestlers portray either villains (referred to as Rudos in Mexico) or fan favorites (Técnicos in Mexico) as they compete in wrestling matches with pre-determined outcomes.
- Laredo Kid defeated Gran Apache and Kaoma, Jr.
- El Elegido, Cinthia Moreno, Mascarita Sagrada and Pimpinela Escarlata defeated Pirata Morgan, La Diabólica, Mini Abismo Negro and Polvo de Estrellas by DQ
- Team TNA (Homicide, Low-Ki, Samoa Joe and A.J. Styles) defeated Vipers Revolution (Abismo Negro, Charly Manson, Electroshock and Histeria) by DQ
- The Mexican Powers (Crazy Boy, Joe Lider, Juventud Guerrera and Psicosis II) defeated The Black Family (Chessman, Dark Cuervo, Dark Escoria and Dark Ozz)
- Estrellita and Tiffany defeated Traci Brooks and Tiana Ringer by DQ
- Los Guapos VIP (Alan Stone, Hator, Scorpio, Jr. and Zumbido) defeated Brazo de Plata, El Intocable, El Orientál and El Zorro
- Team TNA (Low-Ki, Samoa Joe and A.J. Styles) defeated The Mexican Powers (Crazy Boy, Joe Lider and Juventud Guerrera)
- Gronda II, Octagón and La Parka defeated La Legión Extranjera (Abyss, Jeff Jarrett and Konnan) by DQ