The 2005 Verano de Escándalo (Spanish for "Summer of Scandal") was the ninth annual Verano de Escándalo professional wrestling show promoted by Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). The show took place on September 18, 2005 in Naucalpan. The Main event featured an "Electrified" Steel Cage Match Lucha de Apuestas where the last man in the cage would have to remove his mask or have his hair shaved off. The participants were Cibernético, Chessman, Shocker and Latin Lover.
The event featured seven professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds or storylines. Wrestlers portray either villains (referred to as Rudos in Mexico) or fan favorites (Técnicos in Mexico) as they compete in wrestling matches with pre-determined outcomes.
- Los Kumbia Kids (Kevin, Jessy and Javi) defeated Los Diabolicos (Ángel Mortal, Mr. Condor) and Pentagón III
- Mascarita Sagrada, Octagóncito, Rocky Marvin defeated Jerrito Estrada, Mini Abismo Negro and Mini Psicosis
- Cinthia Moreno, Estrellita, Martha Villalobos and Pimpinela Escarlata defeated La Diabólica, La Hechicera, Tiffany and May Flowers
- The Black Family (Cuervo, Escoria and Ozz) and Gran Apache defeated Los Barrio Boys (Alan, Billy Boy and Decnis) and Laredo Kid by DQ
- El Ángel, Antifaz del Norte and Estrella Dorada, Jr. defeated Hator, Nosawa and Zumbido
- La Parka, Vampiro and El Zorro defeated Abismo Negro, Charly Manson and Jeff Jarrett
- Chessman lost to Cibernético, Shocker and Latin Lover in a Steel Cage Match, "Loser has his head shaved" match. As a result, Chessman has his hair shaved off.