The 1998 Verano de Escándalo (Spanish for "Summer of Scandal") was the second annual Verano de Escandalo professional wrestling show promoted by Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). The show took place on September 18, 1998 in Madero, Tamaulipas, Mexico. The Main event featured Steel Cage Match between the teams of Heavy Metal and Blue Demon, Jr. and Kick Boxer and Abismo Negro. The stipulation of the main event was that if the team of Heavy Metal and Blue Demon, Jr. lost referee Guicho Dominguez would be referee El Tirante’s "slave" for a week. If Kick Boxer and Abismo Negro lost El Tirantes would be Guicho Dominguez’s slave for a week.
The event featured six professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds or storylines. Wrestlers portray either villains (referred to as Rudos in Mexico) or fan favorites (Técnicos in Mexico) as they compete in wrestling matches with pre-determined outcomes.
- Los Kamkazes (Goku, Lyguila, Tobikage and Zhiraya) defeated Los Insectos (La Avispa, Abjeca, Hormiga and El Mosca) in a Eight-man "Atómicos" tag team match
- Los Vatos Locos (El Picudo, Charly Manson, Nygma and May Flowers) defeated Los Vipers (Histeria, Psicosis II, Mosco de la Merced and Maniaco) by disqualification in an Eight-man "Atómicos" tag team match
- Alda Moreno and Miss Janeth defeated Rossy Moreno and Xóchitl Hamada – Miss Janeth pinned Rossy Moreno in a Lucha de Apuestas, "Hair vs. Hair" match. As a result Rossy Moreno had her head shaved bald.
- Octagón, Pentagón and El Alebrije defeated Electroshock, Killer and Heavy Dracula by disqualification in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- Latin Lover, La Parka, Jr., Perro Aguayo, Jr. and Perro Aguayo defeated Cibernético, Sangre Chicana, Cobarde, Jr. and El Cobarde in an Eight-man "Atómicos" tag team match
- Heavy Metal and Blue Demon, Jr. defeated Kick Boxer and Abismo Negro in a Steel Cage Match. As a result of the match, Tirantes had to be Guicho Dominguez's slave for a week.