The 1997 Verano de Escándalo (Spanish for "Summer of Scandal") was the first ever Verano de Escándalo professional wrestling show promoted by Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). The show took place on September 14, 1997 in Tonalá, Jalisco, Mexico. The Main event featured a Steel Cage Elimination Match, Luchas de Apuestas which meant that the last man left in the cage would have his hair shaved off. The two teams in the cage match were Perro Aguayo, Perro Aguayo, Jr. and Heavy Metal facing Sangre Chicana, El Picudo and El Cobarde.
The event featured five professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds or storylines. Wrestlers portray either villains (referred to as Rudos in Mexico) or fan favorites (Técnicos in Mexico) as they compete in wrestling matches with pre-determined outcomes.
- Martha Villalobs and Sexi Boom defeated Xóchitl Hamada and La Practicante in a Relevos Suicidas tag team match
- Xóchitl Hamada defeated La Practicante in a Lucha de Apuestas "Hair vs. Hair" match.
- Octagón, Máscara Sagrada, Jr. and Latin Lover defeated Fuerza Guerrera, Killer and Blue Panther in a Six-man "Lucha Libre rules" tag team match
- El Canek defeated Cibernético in a Steel Cage Match
- Perro Aguayo, Perro Aguayo, Jr. and Heavy Metal defeated Sangre Chicana, El Picudo and El Cobarde in a Steel Cage Elimination Match, Lucha de Apuestas. Being the last man in the cage, El Cobarde had his head shaved after the match.