TripleManía VIII was the fourteenth overall TripleManía wrestling show promoted by Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). The show took place on July 5, 2000 in Tokyo, Japan. It was only the second show to take place outside of Mexico and the first show to take place in Japan. The Main event featured an Eight-man "Atómicos" tag team match which saw AAA regulars team up with various Japanese wrestlers. The team of Octagón, Jushin Liger, Latin Lover, and El Alebrije took on Cibernético, Shiima Nobunaga, Abismo Negro, and Electroshock.
The event featured five professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds, plots and storylines. Wrestlers were portrayed as either villains (referred to as rudos in Mexico) or fan favorites (técnicos in Mexico) as they followed a series of tension-building events, which culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
- Octagóncito defeated Mini Abismo Negro
- Gran Apache defeated Oscar Sevilla
- El Oriental and Esther Moreno vs Pentagón and Xóchitl Hamada ended in a Double Count Out
- Perro Aguayo, Jr., El Alebrije, and Pathfinder defeated Los Vatos Locos (El Picudo, Charly Manson and Espíritu), Team Japan (Naomichi Marufuji, Minoru Tanaka and Genki Horiguchi) and Los Vipers (Histeria, Psicosis II and Maniaco)
- Heavy Metal and Tiger Mask IV defeated Kick Boxer and Yoshinobu Kanemaru
- Octagón, Jushin Liger, Latin Lover, and Héctor Garza defeated Cibernético, Shiima Nobunaga, Abismo Negro, and Electroshock