Tom Horner started wrestling in 1982 in the Alabama territory. He formed a tag team called the "Lightning Express" with Brad Armstrong and they had a lot of success. They won the Universal Wrestling Federation tag team titles by defeating Sting and Rick Steiner in 1987. They also won the National Wrestling Alliance's National Tag Team titles. Horner then wrestled briefly with the WWF as a jobber.
In the 1990s, Horner wrestled in World Championship Wrestling as the masked Star Blazer and in Smoky Mountain Wrestling (SMW). In SMW, he also played the original Kendo the Samurai (a masked samurai gimmick managed by Daryl Von Horn, that was played at different point by Scott Antol and Brian Logan, among others). He was also an office worker at SMW. According to Jim Cornette Horner was given several tasks during his tenure in the SMW offices including a wrestling school, merchandise sales and ultimately local acquisition of sponsorships, none of which ever bared any results. When he was relieved from office duties to just act as a performer he and Cornette had a falling out over money resulting in Horner bring fired. Allegedly he refused to return office equipment and a ring truck to the promotion afterwards. Thereafter he competed in WCW as a jobber (for a time, he and Brad Armstrong were the only jobbers who had their own ring entrances).
He is now wrestling on the independents on occasion in the Georgia and Tennessee areas. Recently, he was working for the WWE as a Producer for the SmackDown! brand until October 26, 2006, when he was released along with Ted DiBiase.
James is married to Allison and has two daughters.
- Finishing moves
- Tag Teams and Stables
- "White Lightning"
- Wrestlers Trained
Championships and accomplishments
- Southeastern Championship Wrestling
- Georgia Championship Wrestling
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him #177 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1991
- PWI ranked him #161 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1992
- PWI ranked him #67 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1993
- PWI ranked him #122 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1994 (As Kendo the Samurai)
- PWI ranked him #230 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1994 (As Tim Horner)
- PWI ranked him #311 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1995
- PWI ranked him #335 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1996
- Smokey Mountain Wrestling
- Tennessee Mountain Wrestling
- Universal Wrestling Federation
- UWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Brad Armstrong