The Great American Bash 1989 took place on July 23, 1989 at the Baltimore Arena in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey (w/ Teddy Long) won a Two-Ring King of the Hill Battle Royal, also involving: Eddie Gilbert, Terry Gordy, Scott Hall, Bill Irwin, Brian Pillman, Ranger Ross, Mike Rotunda, Ron Simmons, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner and Kevin Sullivan
- Brian Pillman defeated Bill Irwin (10:18)
- The Skyscrapers (Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey) (w/ Teddy Long) defeated The Dynamic Dudes (Johnny Ace and Shane Douglas) (9:14)
- Jim Cornette defeated Paul E. Dangerously in a Tuxedo match (6:22)
- The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott) (w/ Missy Hyatt) defeated Mike Rotunda and Kevin Sullivan in a Texas Tornado match (4:22)
- Sting (w/ Eddie Gilbert) defeated The Great Muta (w/ Gary Hart) to retain the NWA World Television Championship (8:40)
- Lex Luger defeated Ricky Steamboat by disqualification to retain the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (10:26)
- The Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal), The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane) and Steve Williams (w/ Paul Ellering and Jim Cornette) defeated The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin, Michael P.S. Hayes, Terry Gordy) and The Samoan Swat Team (Samu and Fatu) (w/ Paul E. Dangerously) in a WarGames match (22:18)
- Ric Flair defeated Terry Funk (w/ Gary Hart) to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (17:23)