Camille Tourville (December 4, 1927-December 24, 1985) was a Canadian professional wrestler and manager, better known by his ring name, Tarzan Tyler. He was one-half of the first WWWF World Tag Team Champions, along with Luke Graham.
Professional wrestling career
Tarzan Tyler began competing in the United States during the 1960s after having spent nearly 10 years wrestling in Canada. Tyler competed for World Championships against such stars as Verne Gagne, Lou Thesz, and Dory Funk, Jr. His greatest success came as a tag team competitor, as he and Crazy Luke Graham defeated the team of Dick the Bruiser and The Shiek in 1971 to become the first WWWF World Tag Team Champions.
Tarzan Tyler died, along with fellow wrestler Pierre 'Mad Dog' Lefebvre and referee Adrien Desbois, in Laurentides Wildlife Reserve upon returning from a wrestling event in Chicoutimi, Quebec on December 24, 1985, in a car crash.
He was a three-time heavyweight champion for Grand Prix Wrestling in Montreal in the 1970s.
Championships and accomplishments
- NWA Brass Knuckles Championship (Florida version) (2 times)
- NWA Florida Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- NWA Florida Television Championship (2 times)
- NWA Southern Heavyweight Championship (Florida version) (2 times)
- NWA Southern Tag Team Championship (Florida version) (1 time) - with Louie Tillet
- NWA World Tag Team Championship (Florida version) (2 times) - with Tim Tyler (1) and Freddie Blassie (1)