Starrcade 2019 was professional wrestling live event and WWE Network event produced by WWE for their Raw and SmackDown brands. It took place on December 1, 2019 at the Infinite Energy Center in Duluth, Georgia.
Starrcade, a live closed-circuit event, was conceived in 1983 by Dusty Rhodes. The event was originally produced under the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) and Jim Crockett Promotions (JCP) banners. The NWA and JCP regarded Starrcade as their flagship event of the year, much in the same vein that its rival, the World Wrestling Federation, would begin to regard WrestleMania two years later. In 1988, JCP was sold to Turner Broadcasting and became World Championship Wrestling (WCW), with Starrcade being held by WCW until 2000.
After a 17-year hiatus, WWE revived Starrcade as a SmackDown-branded live event on November 25, 2017. On November 16, 2018, WWE revealed that a second, co-branded Starrcade event would be aired as a one-hour WWE Network special on November 25, 2018.
Starrcade consisted of professional wrestling matches that involve various different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed heroes, villains, or less distinguishable characters in scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches, with results predetermined by WWE's writers on the Raw and SmackDown brands. Storylines were produced on WWE's weekly television shows, Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Dark Match: Seth Rollins defeated Erick Rowan
- Dark Match: Shinsuke Nakamura (w/ Sami Zayn) (c) defeated The Miz to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship
- Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) (w/ Ric Flair) defeated The OC (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows)
- The Kabuki Warriors (Asuka & Kairi Sane) (c) defeated Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross and Bayley & Sasha Banks in a Fatal Four Way Tag Team Match to retain the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship
- Bobby Lashley (w/ Lana) defeated Kevin Owens by DQ
- Dark Match: Aleister Black defeated Andrade (w/ Zelina Vega)
- Dark Match: Ricochet defeated Andrade (w/ Zelina Vega)
- Dark Match: Randy Orton defeated AJ Styles
- Dark Match: Roman Reigns defeated King Corbin
- Dark Match: The Fiend (c) defeated Braun Strowman in a Steel Cage match to retain the WWE Universal Championship
Other on-screen talent
|National Wrestling Alliance|
|1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990|
|World Championship Wrestling|
|1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000|
|World Wrestling Entertainment|
|2017 • 2018 • 2019|
|2019 World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-views|
Blackpool • TakeOver: Phoenix • Royal Rumble • Elimination Chamber • Fastlane • TakeOver: New York • WrestleMania • Money in the Bank • TakeOver: XXV • Super Show-Down • Stomping Grounds • Extreme Rules • TakeOver: Toronto II • SummerSlam • TakeOver: Cardiff • Clash of Champions • Hell in a Cell • Crown Jewel • TakeOver: WarGames • Survivor Series • Starrcade • TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs