Slammiversary VIII was a professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), which took place on June 13, 2010 at the TNA Impact! Zone in Orlando, Florida. Despite the Roman numeral eight used in promotional material, it was the sixth event under the Slammiversary chronology and the sixth event of the 2010 TNA PPV scheduled. The name refers to the event being a celebration of the eight-year anniversary of the first event held by the promotion on June 19 2002.
Slammiversary VIII featured nine professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers are portrayed as villains, heroes or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that build tension and culminate into a wrestling match or series of matches.
On the May 20 edition of TNA Impact! Sting was ranked number one in the first Top 10 ranking by the TNA Championship Committee and was as a result given a shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship at Slammiversary.
On June 10, Dixie Carter said on Twitter she would have a big surprise at Slammiversary that would ultimately change TNA forever. Also using Twitter, she later clarified her statement to indicate that while there will be a surprise revealed at Slammiversary, it will not be the one said to "change TNA forever," which will instead be revealed in the coming weeks. It was soon known that Tommy Dreamer was the surprise after making his debut at the TNA Wrestling Pay-per-view event.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Kurt Angle defeated Kazarian.
- Douglas Williams (c) defeated Brian Kendrick to retain the TNA X Division Championship.
- Madison Rayne (c) defeated Roxxi in a Title vs. Career Match to retain the TNA Women's Knockout Championship.
- Jesse Neal defeated Brother Ray.
- Matt Morgan defeated Hernandez by disqualification.
- Abyss defeated Desmond Wolfe (with Chelsea) in a Monster's Ball Match.
- Jay Lethal defeated A.J. Styles (with Ric Flair)
- The Enigmatic Assholes (Jeff Hardy and Ken Anderson) defeated Beer Money, Inc. (James Storm and Robert Roode)
- Rob Van Dam (c) defeated Sting to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Other on-screen talent
|2010 Total Nonstop Action Wrestling pay-per-views|
| Genesis • Against All Odds • Destination X • Lockdown • Sacrifice • Slammiversary|
Victory Road • Hardcore Justice • No Surrender • Bound for Glory • Turning Point • Final Resolution
|III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI|