The September 6, 1986 Edition of WWF Superstars of Wrestling is a Professional wrestling television show of World Wrestling Federation, which took place August 26, 1986 at the Providence Civic Center in Providence, Rhode Island.
This was the debut episode of WWF Superstars of Wrestling, which was a revamped WWF Championship Wrestling. Instead of taping shows at the same arenas every few weeks, such as the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York, several weeks of shows were taped at larger arenas across the country, at first in the northeastern United States (the first shows were at the Providence Civic Center in Providence, Rhode Island) before taping in the Midwest, the Southwest and eventually all areas of the country.
The format of the early WWF Superstars shows weren't too different from the old Championship Wrestling -- updates on ongoing and newly developing feuds, new and up-and-coming superstars and so forth, plus interview segments such as Piper’s Pit and so forth -- but eventually settled into a formula that saw five or six matches, the "Update" segment after the first match, Piper's Pit (or later, an in-arena interview) after the fourth match, and pre-taped interviews (usually to promote local house shows) after the second, third, fifth and sixth matches. "The Federettes," a group of sexy, young women who helped with ring chores, not unlike boxing's ring girls, also appeared during these early weeks.
The lead play-by-play and color commentator, Vince McMahon and Bruno Sammartino, were carried over from Championship Wrestling; new to the team was heel-aligned color commentator Jesse "the Body" Ventura, who was returning after being absent several months filming movies.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Ricky Steamboat & Sivi Afi defeated Roger Kirby & Terry Gibbs
- The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart) defeated Koko B. Ware & Paul Roma (1:51)
- Cousin Luke & Hillbilly Jim defeated Pete Doherty & Ron Shaw (1:46)
- Kamala (w/ Kim Chee & King Curtis Iaukea) defeated Tommy Sharpe (2:06)
- The Rougeau Brothers (Jacques Rougeau & Raymond Rougeau) defeated Bob Bradley & Mike Fever (1:56)
- Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy (w/ Bobby Heenan) defeated Corporal Kirchner & SD Jones (2:56)