Glory by Honor VIII: The Final Countdown was a professional wrestling event promoted by Ring of Honor. It took place on September 26, 2009 at the Manhattan Center in New York, New York. The show was headlined by Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness, who were both making their last appearances for ROH before leaving for World Wrestling Entertainment. Danielson, who was the first to announce he was signing with the WWE, was originally scheduled to face Austin Aries for the ROH World Championship, but the match was later changed when McGuinness also announced he was signing.
The second main event of the show featured Kevin Steen & El Generico ending their feud with the ROH World Tag Team Champions The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) in Ladder War II. There was uncertainty as to whether or not the match would even take place, as Edwards broke his elbow the night before in an "Anything Goes" match against Steen. Despite the injury, Edwards decided to compete in the match.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Roderick Strong defeated Delirious and Grizzly Redwood and Sonjay Dutt in a Four Corner Survival Match (11:53)
- The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) (c) defeated El Generico & Kevin Steen in a Ladder War to retain the ROH World Tag Team Championship (25:05)
- The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) defeated The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe) (17:04)
|ROH Glory by Honor|
|I • II • III • IV • V (1) • V (2) • VI (1) • VI (2) • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV (1) • XV (2) • XVI •|