The Decade of Excellence Tournament was an 8-man single elimination wrestling tournament held by the professional wrestling promotion Ring of Honor. It started in December of 2016 and the finals happened in January 2017; even tho it was announced as a first-ever we are yet to see if it will become an annual tournament. In order to be a part of it, the participants must have had their debuts in Ring of Honor 10 years before the starting date, and the winner gets a shot at the ROH World Championship in the annual Ring of Honor Anniversary Show.
- BJ Whitmer (Debuted in 2003)
- Chris Sabin (Debuted in 2003)
- Christopher Daniels (Debuted in 2002 in the main event of the first ever ROH Show)
- Colt Cabana (Debuted in 2002)
- Jay Briscoe (Debuted in 2002)
- Jay Lethal (Debuted in 2003)
- Jushin Thunder Liger (Debuted in 2004)
- Mark Briscoe (Debuted in 2002)
|Jushin Thunder Liger|
The winner Christopher Daniels faced the ROH World Champion at the time Adam Cole at the ROH 15th Anniversary Show on March 10 in Las Vegas, Nevada; Daniels won the title for the first time in his career whit help from his tag team partner Frankie Kazarian hitting his finisher Best Moonsault Ever (Moonsault) three consecutive times on Cole and getting the 3 count. Daniels kept the title for a total 105 days before losing it to Cody on June 23 at ROH Best In The World 2017.