The Pacific Wrestling Federation (World) Heavyweight Championship is one of the three titles that make up the AJPW Triple Crown Championship. It was created in 1973 by All Japan owner Giant Baba, after he won a series of ten matches against Bruno Sammartino (twice - one win, one draw), Terry Funk, Abdullah The Butcher, The Destroyer, Wilbur Snyder (twice - one win, one draw), Don Leo Jonathan, Pat O'Connor and Bobo Brazil.
The title which had originally been classed as a world title was downgraded to regional status after All Japan joined the National Wrestling Alliance. In 1989 Jumbo Tsuruta and Stan Hansen would unify this, the NWA United National Championship and the NWA International Heavyweight title to create the AJPW Triple Crown.
- Longest Reign: Giant Baba (5 years, 5 months, 5 days)
- Shortest Reign: Tor Kamata (11 days)
- Most Reigns: Stan Hansen and Giant Baba (4 each)
- ↑ .
- All Japan Pro Wrestling
- Champion history - History of the wrestlers who have held the belt.
- Title matches - Matches in which the title was defended.
- Champion gallery - A gallery of all champions.