The NXT UK Heritage Cup Championship is a professional wrestling championship created and promoted by the American promotion WWE, defended on their NXT UK brand division, a sister brand of NXT based in the United Kingdom. Unveiled on 10 September 2020, it is contested under "British Rounds Rules". The current champion is A-Kid, who won the inaugural tournament.
On 10 September 2020, WWE announced the relaunch of their NXT UK brand, following a production hiatus since March due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Along with the relaunch, the promotion announced the NXT UK Heritage Cup tournament to crown the inaugural NXT UK Heritage Cup Champion.
Only seven of the eight competitors for the tournament were revealed during the initial announcement: "Flash" Morgan Webster, Noam Dar, Alexander Wolfe, A-Kid, Dave Mastiff, Trent Seven, and Joseph Conners. The eighth competitor was determined on the 1 October episode of NXT UK in a triple threat match in which Kenny Williams defeated Ashton Smith and Amir Jordan to win the final spot. The tournament itself also began on 1 October and took place across episodes of NXT UK. The final aired on tape delay on November 26 where A-Kid defeated Seven to become the inaugural champion (the exact date the episode was taped is unknown).
Unlike other championships in WWE (and professional wrestling in general), the NXT UK Heritage Cup Championship is represented by a trophy instead of a title belt. It is defended just like any other championship, with all matches being under British Rounds Rules.
British Rounds Rules
- All matches consist of six three-minute rounds with 20-second breaks between each round.
- All matches are 2-out-of-3 falls.
- Falls can be won by pinfall, submission, or countout.
- Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
- The match ends once a wrestler has won two falls.
- In the event of a disqualification or knockout, the match instantly ends without the need for two falls.
- If all six rounds are completed, whoever is ahead on falls wins the match.
1–22 October 2020
5–12 November 2020
26 November 2020
|"Flash" Morgan Webster||1|