The National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) World Heavyweight Championship is the primary title in the NWA. Its lineage has been traced from the first "World Heavyweight Championship," which traces its lineage to Georg Hackenschmidt's 1905 title and Frank Gotch's 1908 version.
With many "territories" appearing across the United States, the NWA was formed in 1948 as an overall governing wrestling body. Like franchises, these territories had the option of NWA membership. The promotion owners had to recognize the NWA heavyweight and tag team champions as world champions while retaining their own ownership and top champion.
- National Wrestling Alliance
- Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- Champion history - History of the wrestlers who have held the belt.
- Title matches - Matches in which the title was defended.
- Champion gallery - A gallery of all champions.