Tetsuo Sekigawa (February 5, 1951 – June 23, 2017) was a Japanese professional wrestler best known for his work under the ring name Mr. Pogo. He helped popularize hardcore wrestling in the 1990s with "death matches" in promotions such as Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling, W*ING and Big Japan Pro Wrestling.
In 2003, he ran for a Senate seat in his hometown, but was defeated in the polls.
Sekigawa was rushed to a hospital in February 2007 with a bleeding gastric ulcer where he ended up spending three weeks in the hospital.
His Mr. Pogo character was referenced on the April 23, 2009 episode of TNA Impact on the cable channel SpikeTV. Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner were competing in a hardcore weapons match dubbed a "Cactus Jack Smack Attack" by Mick Foley who per the storyline had booked the match and chosen what weapons would be available for the wrestlers to use. One of the weapons was a pogo stick. At one point Scott Steiner began hopping on the pogo stick. Foley, who was a guest commentator, called Steiner "Mr. Pogo". Moments later, after Steiner was clotheslined off the pogo stick, Foley commented that the name was already taken.
Sekigawa died in a Gunma, Japan hospital on June 23, 2017, at the age of 66. While having back surgery, his blood pressure decreased, and he died of a cerebral infarction.
- El Profe
- General KY Wakamatsu
- Tojo Yamamoto
- Victor Quinones
- Entrance themes
- "Get Up" by Van Halen (FMW/W*ING/Freelance, 1990–present)
- "Perpetual" by Yngwie Malmsteen – as Pogo Daio
Championships and accomplishments
- FMW Brass Knuckles Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- FMW Brass Knuckles Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Hisakatsu Ooya (1), The Gladiator (1), and Yukihiro Kanemura (1)
- NWA Tri-State Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- NWA Brass Knuckles Championship (Amarillo version) (1 time)
- NWA Western States Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Mr. Sato
- Wrestling International New Generations
- W*ING Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Crash the Terminator