Aaron Frobel (December 13, 1986) is a Canadian professional wrestler and promoter, better known by his ring name Michael Elgin. In New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) he is a one-time IWGP Intercontinental and a one-time NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champion. He is also known for his work in Ring of Honor (ROH), where he is a one-time ROH World Champion. He has also worked for the Southern California-based company Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, where he is a one-time PWG World Tag Team Champion with Brian Cage.
Frobel debuted in late 2004 using his ring name Michael Elgin, and by the age of 16, he was a regular on the independent circuit. He has competed for promotions including Combat Zone Wrestling, World League Wrestling, Alpha-1 Wrestling, and the Independent Wrestling Association Mid-South, where he won the IWA Mid-South Strong Style Championship in 2008. In 2005, he began wrestling for BSE Pro Wrestling, where he won the BSE Tag Team Championship with Ashley Sixx, and Great Canadian Wrestling in 2006, where he won the GCW National Championship twice and the GCW Tag Team Championship twice.
Elgin first appeared for Ring of Honor in 2007. He started competing regularly in 2010 as part of the House of Truth, and signed a contract with the company in 2011. That November, Elgin won the 2011 Survival of the Fittest tournament. In 2015, Elgin won the 2015 Survival of the Fittest tournament and became the first wrestler to win the tournament twice. In 2015, Elgin made his debut for NJPW, signing a contract with the promotion the following year.
- Finishing moves
- Big Mike Fly Flow (Frog splash) 2016–present; adopted from Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Burning Hammer (Sitout Inverted Death Valley driver) 2015–present
- Double underhook DDT – 2014–2015
- Elgin Bomb (ROH / NJPW) / Revolution Elgin Bomb (PWG) (Spinning sitout powerbomb, usually preceded by a turnbuckle powerbomb
- Air Raid Crash (Over the shoulder back-to-belly piledriver)
- Bridging electric chair suplex
- Corkscrew senton bomb
- Jackhammer (Vertical suplex side slam)
- Multiple suplex variations
- Delayed vertical
- Release German, sometimes preceded by a waist-lock backwards roll
- Sit-Out slam from the second rope to an opponent on the apron
- Slingshot Splash
- Stretch Muffler (Over the shoulder single leg Boston crab)
- Uraken (Spinning backfist)
- Tag Teams
- Grits N Gravy with Sami Callihan (as Michael Elgin)
- Hit & Run with Ashley Sixx (as Michael Elgin)
- Men of the Year with #AllEgo/Ethan Page (as Michael Elgin)
- The Unbreakable Effin' Shabangs with Johnny Gargano (as Michael Elgin)
- Unbreakable F'N Machines with Brian Cage (as Michael Elgin)
- UnReal with Vlad the Penetrator (as Michael Elgin)
- "Canadian Crazy Horse"
- "Big Mike"
- Entrance Themes
- "Incubus" by Prometheus-X (ROH; 2008-2014, 2015–2016)
- "Anarchy's Son" by Mike O'Phee (ROH; 2014-2015)
- "Unbreakable" by Yonosuke Kitamura (NJPW)
Championships and accomplishments
- AAW: Professional Wrestling Redefined
- Great Canadian Wrestling
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him #229 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2011
- New Japan Pro Wrestling
Ace Austin • Ace Romero • Brian Cage • Cody Deaner • Dave Crist • Dezmond Xavier • Eddie Edwards • Ethan Page • Fallah Bahh • Jake Crist • Jake Deaner • Jimmy Jacobs • Joey Ryan • Johnny Impact • Josh Alexander • Josh Matthews • Killer Kross • Konnan • Madman Fulton • Mahabali Shera • Michael Elgin • Moose • Petey Williams • Raj Singh • Rhino • Rich Swann • Rob Van Dam • Rohit Raju • Sami Callihan • Trey Miguel • Willie Mack • Zachary Wentz
|Stables & Tag Teams|