The May 23, 1987 Edition of WWF Superstars of Wrestling is a Professional wrestling television show of World Wrestling Federation, which took place on May 12, 1987 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.
The major development centered on efforts by former WWF World Heavyweight Champion Superstar Billy Graham to make a return to wrestling after several years away. His real-life health issues, alluded to in this and segments that would air in following weeks, had prevented a return a year earlier, and these segments would focus mostly on his training and rehabilitation efforts.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Dark match: Sam Houston defeated ???
- Dark match: Tom Magee defeated The Magnificent Muraco
- Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth) defeated Jerry Monti (1:33)
- Hillbilly Jim & Outback Jack defeated Buddy Ryder & Dave Barbie (2:24)
- The One Man Gang (w/ Slick) defeated Jesse Cortez (1:47)
- Ken Patera defeated The Gladiator (2:04)
- Hulk Hogan (c) defeated Bob Orton, Jr. (w/ Mr. Fuji) to retain the WWF Championship (9:00)
- The first airing of The Snake Pit on Superstars, with Bobby Heenan, Hercules and "King" Harley Race as guests, discussing the Heenan Family's feud with Ken Patera. ("The Snake Pit" was moved to Superstars as a replacement for the aborted "Missy's Manor" with Missy Hyatt, after several pre-taped segments were ill-received.)
- Heenan, in closing remarks, teased that he would have a new tag team in his Heenan Family stable next week.