The May 1, 2020 Edition of Smackdown Live was a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE's Smackdown brand which took place on May 1, 2020 at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. It was originally scheduled to take place at the Times Union Center in Albany, New York but was relocated due to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic.
Daniel Bryan and King Corbin pushed each other to the brink in a fierce battle of former Money in the Bank Ladder Match winners, but the royal combatant threw a ladder at his opponent in an act of desperation that led to a disqualification. The fighting continued as Bryan clutched Corbin in the "Yes!" Lock on top of a ladder, but Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro emerged to help their unlikely ally dish out the final punishment.
The Celtic Warrior continued to run roughshod over another challenger, as Sheamus continued his conquest for respect by tattooing Leon Ruff with a definitive Brogue Kick.
Mandy Rose and Carmella competed with a Money in the Bank Ladder Match spot on the line, but Sonya Deville couldn’t help but grab the ear of her former best friend. Mandy looked strong early, but the distractions and a brutal kick from Carmella were too much to overcome.
The Forgotten Sons are on a mission not to be forgotten, and they seemingly accomplished their goal by defeating the eight-time Tag Team Champions. The New Day got off to a hot start, but the excellent teamwork of Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake sealed the statement victory.
Otis didn’t need any extra motivation to deliver punishment to Dolph Ziggler, but securing a spot in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match helped make the victory that much sweeter. The Heavy Machinery Superstar came out hot and rallied late to defeat his rival and book his ticket for the historic match.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Daniel Bryan defeated King Corbin by DQ (15:01)
- Sheamus defeated Leon Ruff (1:42)
- Carmella defeated Mandy Rose in a Women’s Money in the Bank Qualifying Match (4:03)
- The Forgotten Sons (Wesley Blake & Steve Cutler) (w/ Jaxson Ryker) defeated The New Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston) (12:41)
- Otis defeated Dolph Ziggler in a Men’s Money in the Bank Qualifying Match (11:15)
Other on-screen talent
- WWE Smackdown Live #1080 at CAGEMATCH.net
- WWE Smackdown Live #1080 at WWE.com
- Smackdown #1080 on WWE Network