The May 1, 2009 Edition of Smackdown is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE's Smackdown brand, which took place on April 28, 2009 at the Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Jeff Hardy defeated Chris Jericho, Kane and Intercontinental Champion Rey Mysterio to become the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship at Judgment Day (17:31)
- Chris Jericho pins Kane after a Swanton Bomb by Hardy
- Chris Jericho was disqualified after countering Mysterio's 619 with a steel chair
- Jeff Hardy eliminated Rey Mysterio after reversing his West Coast Pop pin combo into his own pin
- Montel Vontavious Porter (c) (w/ Sherri Shepherd) defeated Dolph Ziggler to retain the WWE United States Championship (3:55)
- Dark Match: Batista, John Cena & Rey Mysterio defeated Chris Jericho, Edge & Randy Orton in a Six-Man Tag Team Match
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.