- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Matt Hardy & Jeff Hardy defeated WWF Tag Team Champions Too Cool via disqualification at 4:32 when Kane, still in possession of Triple H's world title belt, came to the ring and hit a chokeslam on Jeff.
- After the bout, Kane did the same to Scotty 2 Hotty.
- Moments later, Kane grabbed a microphone and said that if Triple H wanted his belt back, he should come out and take it.
- The champion then came out with WWF Women's Champion Stephanie McMahon, with Triple H asking that Kane do the right thing and walk up the ramp to give him back his title.
- After Kane said he wanted a title shot, Triple H said that the only way he could become #1 contender would be to beat the champion in a non-title match later in the show.
- If he was successful, Kane would get a world title match at King of the Ring.
- Kane agreed and referee Earl Hebner returned the belt to the champion.
- After the bout, Bradshaw kicked Angle in the head and followed with a powerbomb.
- WWF IC Champion Chris Benoit defeated D-Lo Brown via submission at 4:16 after reversing an attempt at the Sky High into the Crippler Crossface.
- Terri Runnels defeated The Kat in an arm-wrestling match after she spat water in her opponent's face as Kat was about to win.
- Jerry Lawler was the guest MC for the event.
- After the contest, Kat attacked Terri and gave her the Bronco Buster but Lawler pulled her off and wanted one done to himself instead.
- Kat declined and left ringside.
- The Undertaker defeated X-Pac & The Road Dogg (w/ Tori & Vince McMahon) in a handicap match at 2:25 by pinning X-Pac with a chokeslam.
- Mid-way through the bout, DX attempted to leave ringside but was blocked by The Dudley Boyz.
- After the match, Taker hit a chokeslam on D-Von Dudley.
- Vince McMahon did guest commentary for the bout.
- Due to pre-match stipulations, Taker became the #1 contender to the world title and would receive a title shot at the King of the Ring.
- Chris Jericho defeated Hardcore Holly at 3:05 with the Lionsault after Jericho dropkicked Holly into Chris Benoit on the ring apron, causing Holly to hit his head against the steel chair in Benoit's hands.
- Benoit came ringside mid-way through the contest.
- The Rock defeated Edge & Christian (w/ Shane McMahon) in a handicap match at 5:51 by pinning Edge with a spinebuster and the People's Elbow, despite interference from Shane McMahon.
- Due to pre-match stipulations, the Rock became the #1 contender to the world title and would receive a title shot at King of the Ring.
- Had Edge & Christian won, they would have become #1 contenders to the tag team titles.
- KOTR Qualifying Match: Crash Holly defeated Albert (w/ Trish Stratus) at 1:26 by reversing a powerbomb attempt into a sunset flip.
- After the bout, Trish shoved Crash into the steel ring post on the floor and Albert followed by hitting a torture rack into a slam back inside the ring.
- Kane defeated WWF World Champion Triple H (w/ WWF Women's Champion Stephanie McMahon) in a non-title match at 5:16 with the chokeslam as Triple H attempted to hit Kane with a steel chair.
- Prior to the bout, Kane grabbed a microphone and caused referee Tim White to leave, then said Earl Hebner would be the referee for the bout.
- After the bout, Kane held the world title belt over his head while the champion was laid out underneath him.
- Due to pre-match stipulations, Kane became the #1 contender to the world title and would receive a title shot at King of the Ring.
- This was Hebner's surprise return after being gone a month.
- Included The Undertaker circling Vince McMahon's limo with his motorcycle upon Vince's arrival to the arena.
- Featured Shane McMahon talking with Edge & Christian upon their arrival to the arena, with Shane saying The Rock had been recently calling him asking to be #1 contender.
- Shane then told Edge & Christian that if they beat the Rock in a handicap match, they can be #1 contenders for the tag team titles but if Rock wins, he'll be #1 contender for the world title.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.