The January 2, 2009 Edition of Smackdown is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE's Smackdown brand, which took place on December 30, 2008 at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Dark Match: R-Truth defeated Ryan Braddock
- The Great Khali (w/ Ranjin Singh) & Finlay (w/ Hornswoggle) defeated Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder (4:02)
- The Brian Kendrick & Ezekiel Jackson defeated Jesse & Festus (4:42)
- Vladimir Kozlov defeated Hurricane Helms (4:03)
- Kizarny defeated Montel Vontavious Porter (6:30)
- The Hardys (Jeff & Matt Hardy) defeated Edge & The Big Show (14:23)
- Featured an opening in-ring announcement by Vickie Guerrero in which she announced WWE Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy would defend against Edge at the Royal Rumble and that the Smackdown! stars who will be taking part in the Rumble match will be announced later in the show. Triple H appeared and stated that he had found and was purchasing nude pictures of Vickie on eBay.
- Included a vignette for Umaga.
- Featured Eve Torres conducting a backstage interview with Michelle McCool.
- Included a backstage segment with Edge, The Big Show & Vickie Guerrero.
- Included an in-ring semgent where Jim Ross announced several Smackdown entrants for the Royal Rumble. Ross was then interrupted by Shelton Benjamin who proceeded to cut a promo on several stars before getting attacked by The Undertaker.
- Featured a vignette promoting the debut of Kizarny later in the show.
- Included an in-ring promo by Michelle McCool where she agreed to apologize to Maria (who was not in attendance) and Eve Torres. Eve appeared to accept her apology but was then attacked by McCool.
- Featured a backstage segment with Chavo Guerrero, Triple H and Vickie Guerrero where Vickie announced that Triple H would compete the following week in a Tables Match, a Handicap Match & a Last Man Standing Match.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.