Hard To Kill 2022 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by Impact Wrestling. It took place on January 8, 2022 at The Bomb Factory in Dallas, Texas. It was the third event under the Hard To Kill chronology.
The event featured professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches. Storylines were produced on Impact's weekly television program.
At Bound for Glory, Mickie James defeated Deonna Purrazzo to win the Impact Knockouts Championship. Purrazzo would go silent for the better part of a month, returning on the November 18 episode of Impact, where she would have a sit-down interview with Gia Miller, giving short answers to all of her questions until being asked about her next move, and she would simply say that the audience will have to wait and see for what would be next. At Turning Point, after James successfully defended the Knockouts Championship against Mercedes Martinez, Purrazzo attacked James and announced that she would invoke her rematch clause at Hard To Kill. On the December 16 episode of Impact!, after a physical altercation during a meet and greet, it was announced that they will face off in a Texas Deathmatch.
At Turning Point, Impact Executive Vice President Scott D'Amore announced the first ever Knockouts Ultimate X match, where the winner would become the next contender to the Impact Knockouts Championship. On the December 9 episode of Impact!, newly-minted Knockouts executive Gail Kim announced the participants to be the following: Chelsea Green, Jordynne Grace, Lady Frost, Rachael Ellering, Rosemary, and Tasha Steelz.
At Turning Point, W. Morrissey defeated Matt Cardona thanks to interference from Impact World Champion Moose, while later in the night, Moose successfully defended the title against Eddie Edwards in a Full Metal Mayhem match. During that match, Cardona and Morrissey interfered on behalf of Edwards and Moose, respectively, before the two would brawl again. On the December 2 episode of Impact!, Cardona opened the show to call out Moose, to which the champion would say that Cardona would never become a top star, questioned if he truly wanted to wrestle him, and regarded him as a "mid-carder". Moose and Morrissey would go on to attack Cardona before Edwards ran in to save the latter. Later that night, Edwards and Cardona defeated Moose and Morrissey in a tag team match after Cardona pinned Moose with a roll-up. After the match, Morrissey laid Moose out with a boot, making it clear that he wants the Impact World Championship as well. Later it was announced that Moose will defend the Impact World Championship against Cardona and Morrissey in a three-way match at Hard To Kill.
At Turning Point, Jonah made his debut, attacking Josh Alexander and leaving him bloodied. On the December 9 episode of Impact!, Scott D'Amore announced Josh Alexander would face Jonah at Hard To Kill.
On December 23, 2021, it was announced on Impact's official Twitter account that then reigning ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham would defend his newly won title at Hard To Kill against Chris Sabin.
At Bound for Glory, Trey Miguel defeated Steve Maclin and El Phantasmo - the latter being who he pinned - in a three-way match to win the vacant Impact X Division Championship. Maclin took exception to this, as while he technically lost his undefeated streak, he was yet to be pinned or submitted in singles competition. As such, he earned another oppurtunity at the title, facing Miguel and Laredo Kid - who he beat to enter the match - at Turning Point. There, Miguel attempted a double pin on Kid and Maclin. Maclin was able to kick out while Kid did not, meaing Miguel retained the title. Maclin would later walk up to Scott D'Amore demanding one more match, but was denied. So in retaliation, on the December 16 edition of Impact!, Maclin jumped Miguel from behind before binding and gagging him backstage. This led Miguel to instead demand a match with Maclin, which was granted and would take place at Hard To Kill.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Pre-Show: Jake Something defeated Madman Fulton (5:29)
- Pre-Show: Mike Bailey defeated Ace Austin and Chris Bey and Laredo Kid in a Four Way Match (8:28)
- Tasha Steelz (w/ Savannah Evans) defeated Chelsea Green and Jordynne Grace and Lady Frost and Alisha Edwards and Rosemary (w/ Havok) in a Knockouts Ultimate X Match for a future Impact Knockouts World Championship match (10:12)
- Trey Miguel (c) defeated Steve Maclin to retain the Impact X Division Championship (12:58)
- Jonathan Gresham (c) defeated Chris Sabin to retain the ROH World Championship (12:41)
- Josh Alexander defeated JONAH (17:07)
- Eddie Edwards, Rich Swann, Willie Mack Heath and Rhino defeated The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) & Violent By Design (Eric Young, Deaner, & Joe Doering) in a Ten Man Hardcore War (25:50)
- Moose (c) defeated Matt Cardona and W. Morrissey in a Three Way Match to retain the Impact World Championship (15:58)
- Mickie James (c) defeated Deonna Purrazzo in a Texas Death Match to retain the Impact Knockouts World Championship (19:43)
Other on-screen talent
|2022 Impact Wrestling pay-per-views/Impact Plus Monthly Specials|
Hard to Kill •
|Hard To Kill|
|2020 • 2021 • 2022|