To meet Pro Wrestling Wiki's quality standards, this Stadium article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
The Greensboro Coliseum Complex is an indoor arena in Greensboro, North Carolina. It is currently the home of the UNC Greensboro Spartans men's basketball team, currently the only permanent sports team tenant. The ACC Women's Basketball Tournament has been played at the Greensboro Coliseum since 2000, and is contracted through 2015, unless the ACC uses its one-year option to move during that period. If the option is used, the tournament will return to Greensboro Coliseum for 2016. The Greensboro Coliseum has hosted the ACC Men's Basketball Tournament twenty-two times through the 2010 season, the most of any arena, and another four are scheduled. The arena was the home of the Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League from 1997 until 1999. The Coliseum also hosted the 1974 NCAA Men's Final Four. Originally built in 1959 as War Memorial Coliseum, it was renamed in the late 1960s.
The Coliseum was built in 1959 with a seating capacity 9,200, which was then one of the largest arenas in the South. It experienced a major renovation and expansion in 1972 and then again in 1993-1994 to reach its present configuration. It is now the largest arena in North Carolina (following the demolition of the 24,042 seat Charlotte Coliseum). It seats 21,273 for ice hockey, and up to 23,500 for basketball. Its capacity is 30% greater than that of Charlotte's Time Warner Cable Arena, 19% greater than that of Raleigh's RBC Center, and 10% greater than that of the Dean Smith Center in Chapel Hill.
Owned by the city of Greensboro, the complex features a flexible capacity arena that can accommodate concerts and events for 4,000 to 23,500 fans; a 2,376-seat auditorium for theatre and concerts; and a 120,000-square-foot (11,000 m2) Special Events Center for trade and consumer shows and 20,000 square feet (1,900 m2) of space for meetings of all sizes. The Special Events Center also features a 4,300 seat theater set-up for concerts and sporting events. There are roughly 6,000 on site parking spaces. In early March 2011 the Atlantic Coast Conference Hall of Champions opened next to the main arena of the Greensboro Coliseum. Currently an aquatic center and 7,000 seat outdoor amphitheater is under construction at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex.
- Starrcade 1983 - November 24, 1983
- Starrcade 1984 - November 22, 1984.
- Starrcade 1985 - November 28, 1985.
- The Great American Bash 1986 - July 26, 1986.
- Starrcade 1986 - July 27, 1986.
- WrestleWar 1990 - February 25, 199-.
- Unforgiven 1998 - April 26, 1998.
- King of the Ring 1999 - June 27, 1999.
- Survivor Series 2001 - November 18, 2001.
- RAW - September 27, 1999.
- RAW - December 27, 1999.
- RAW - August 28, 2000.
- RAW - July 29, 2002.
- SmackDown - May 22, 2003.
- SmackDown - August 25, 2005.
- RAW - February 13, 2006.
- RAW - December 31, 2007.
- ECW - April 22, 2008.
- SmackDown - April 25, 2008.
- NXT - April 26, 2011.
- Superstars - April 28, 2011.
- SmackDown - April 29, 2011.
- RAW - May 7, 2012.
- RAW - December 3, 2012.
- Superstars - December 7, 2012.
- Main Event - June 12, 2013.
- SmackDown - June 14, 2013.
- Main Event - May 13, 2014.
- SmackDown - May 16, 2014.
- RAW - May 16, 2016.
- Superstars - May 19, 2016.
- RAW - August 13, 2018.
- Main Event - August 15, 2018.