Gene Anderson started wrestling in 1961 after being trained by Verne Gagne. In late 1965, he formed the Minnesota Wrecking Crew with fellow collegian Lars Anderson as his "brother". They wrestled in the Florida territories and won some tag team titles together.
Gene then reformed the tag team with his "brother" (another fellow collegian) Ole Anderson in 1969 after Lars left. They became one of the most successful heel tag teams in the history of professional wrestling. They dominated the Southeastern tag team scene until Gene retired to become a manager in 1981.
Gene and Ole would hold tryouts for prospective wrestlers during the late 1970s and early 1980s. Al Snow is one who trained under them, being subjected to an exhaustive exercise routine followed by being stretched in the ring by Ole.
Gene's son, Brad Anderson, is also a professional wrestler and still competes on the independent circuit.
Championships and accomplishments
- NWA Georgia Southern Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Lars Anderson
- NWA Georgia Tag Team Championship (7 times) - with Ole Anderson
- NWA Georgia Television Championship (1 time)
- NWA Macon Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Ole Anderson
- NWA Southeastern Tag Team Championship (Georgia version) (1 time) - with Ole Anderson
- NWA World Tag Team Championship (Georgia Version) (1 time) - with Lars Anderson