Full Gear 2021 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by All Elite Wrestling (AEW). It took place on November 13, 2021 at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It was the third event in the Full Gear chronology.
In other prominent matches, CM Punk defeated Eddie Kingston, Bryan Danielson defeated Miro by technical submission in the AEW World Championship Eliminator Tournament final match, and in the opening bout, MJF defeated Darby Allin. The event also saw the AEW debut of Jay Lethal.
Full Gear is a pay-per-view (PPV) held annually around Veterans Day by All Elite Wrestling (AEW) since 2019. It is one of AEW's "Big Four" PPVs, which includes Double or Nothing, All Out, and Revolution, their four biggest shows produced quarterly. The 2021 event will be the third event in the Full Gear chronology. It was originally scheduled to be held on November 6, 2021 at the Chaifetz Arena in St. Louis, Missouri. However, during All Out on September 5, it was announced that the event would instead take place on November 13 with no reference to a location. It was reported that the event was pushed back a week to avoid competition with UFC 268 and Canelo Álvarez vs. Caleb Plant. On September 27, it was announced that the event had been relocated to the Target Center in Minneapolis.
Full Gear featured professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed heroes, villains, or less distinguishable characters in events that build tension and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches. Storylines are produced on AEW's weekly shows Dynamite, Rampage, Dark, and Elevation and The Young Bucks' YouTube series Being The Elite.
In October 2018, prior to the formation of AEW, Adam Page joined his friends Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson), forming a group known as The Elite. In January 2020, Page & Omega won the AEW World Tag Team Championship, but lost it later that year. Signs of dissent occurred during this title reign, and after more months of tension within the group, Page was removed from The Elite by The Young Bucks on the August 27, 2020, episode of Dynamite, after Page had prevented them from winning a match. At the 2020 Full Gear on November 7, Page faced Omega in the finals of a tournament to determine the number one contender for the AEW World Championship, with Omega winning. Omega would later go on to win the championship. Nearly a year later, on the October 6, 2021, episode of Dynamite, Page, who returned from a two-month hiatus, won the Casino Ladder Match to become the number one contender for the AEW World Championship, still held by Omega. On October 16, the championship match was scheduled for Full Gear.
On October 8, AEW announced the return of the AEW World Championship Eliminator Tournament; an eight-man single-elimination tournament culminating at Full Gear with the winner receiving a future AEW World Championship match. On the October 16 episode of Dynamite, Bryan Danielson, Orange Cassidy, Preston "10" Vance, Lance Archer, Jon Moxley, Eddie Kingston, Dustin Rhodes, and Powerhouse Hobbs were revealed as the participants. However, on November 2, Moxley was removed from the tournament after he entered a rehabilitation program for alcohol addiction, and he was replaced by Miro.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- The Buy In Pre Show: Hikaru Shida & Thunder Rosa defeated Nyla Rose & Jamie Hayter (w/ Vickie Guerrero) (12:03)
- MJF defeated Darby Allin (21:56)
- The Lucha Brothers (Fénix & Penta El Zero M) (c) defeated FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) to retain the AEW World Tag Team Championship (18:37)
- Bryan Danielson defeated Miro in the AEW World Championship Eliminator Tournament Final Match (19:59)
- Winner will receive a future AEW World Championship match.
- Christian Cage & Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus) defeated SuperKliq (Adam Cole, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) in a Six Man Tag Team Falls Count Anywhere match (22:20)
- Cody Rhodes & PAC defeated Malakai Black & Andrade El Idolo (16:52)
- Dr. Britt Baker DMD (w/ Rebel & Jamie Hayter) (c) defeated Tay Conti to retain the AEW Women's World Championship (15:16)
- CM Punk defeated Eddie Kingston (11:07)
- The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Sammy Guevara, Santana & Ortiz) defeated Men of the Year (Ethan Page & Scorpio Sky) & American Top Team (Dan Lambert, Junior Dos Santos & Andrei Arlovski) in a Ten Man Minneapolis Street Fight (19:37)
- "Hangman" Adam Page defeated Kenny Omega (w/ Don Callis) (c) to win the AEW World Championship (25:11)
AEW World Championship Eliminator Tournament
(October 22, 23 and 27, 2021)
(October 29 and November 3, 2021)
(November 13, 2021)
Other on-screen talent
|AEW Full Gear|
|2019 • 2020 • 2021 •|
|All Elite Wrestling Events|
|Double or Nothing • Fyter Fest • Fight For The Fallen • All Out • Full Gear|
|Revolution • Double or Nothing • Fyter Fest • All Out • Full Gear|
|Revolution • Double or Nothing • All Out • Full Gear|
|Battle of the Belts • Revolution •|