Elimination Chamber 2020 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event and WWE Network event produced by WWE for the Raw and SmackDown brands. It took place on March 8, 2020 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was the tenth event under the Elimination Chamber chronology.
Elimination Chamber featured professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing feuds, plots, and storylines that played out on WWE's primary television programs. Wrestlers portrayed villains or heroes as they followed a series of events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches. The card will be highlighted by two Elimination Chamber matches, one of which will be the first to involve women.
The show included matches that result from scripted storylines, where wrestlers portray heroes, villains, or less distinguishable characters in scripted events that build tension and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches. Results are predetermined by WWE's writers on the Raw and SmackDown brands, while storylines are produced on WWE's weekly television shows, Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown.
On February 17, a Raw-branded women's Elimination Chamber match was scheduled for the event to determine the number one contender against Becky Lynch for the Raw Women's Championship at WrestleMania 36. Announced for the match were Natalya, Liv Morgan, Asuka, Ruby Riott, Sarah Logan, and NXT's Shayna Baszler, who reignited her feud with Lynch from Survivor Series by ambushing her on the previous week's episode of Raw.
On the January 31 episode of SmackDown, Braun Strowman defeated Shinsuke Nakamura (with Sami Zayn and Cesaro in his corner) to win the Intercontinental Championship. On the February 28 episode, a contract signing for a title match at Elimination Chamber was held. Tired of hearing Zayn's rants, Strowman signed the contract, stating that regardless of who else signed it, he knew he would basically be facing all three at the event. Zayn seized the opportunity and he, Nakamura, and Cesaro all signed the contract, making it a 3-on-1 handicap match for Strowman's Intercontinental Championship.
At Super ShowDown, The Miz and John Morrison defeated The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) to capture the SmackDown Tag Team Championship. The following night on SmackDown, it was announced that Miz and Morrison would defend the title in a tag team Elimination Chamber match at the event. The challengers announced for the match were The New Day (Big E and Kingston), The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso), Heavy Machinery (Otis and Tucker), Lucha House Party (Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado), and Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode.
At Super ShowDown, Seth Rollins and Murphy retained the Raw Tag Team Championship against The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford). On the following Raw, The Street Profits were given one final opportunity where they defeated Rollins and Murphy to win the title. Later backstage, Rollins and Murphy challenged The Street Profits to a rematch for the title at Elimination Chamber, which was made official.
On the February 24 episode of Raw, The O.C. (AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, and Karl Anderson) attacked Aleister Black backstage. Black then challenged Styles to a match for the following week, however, Styles said that Black would have to defeat Gallows and Anderson before he could face Styles. Black defeated both Gallows and Anderson in separate matches, after which, Styles faced and defeated Black. A no disqualification rematch between Black and Styles was then scheduled for Elimination Chamber.
On the Royal Rumble Kickoff pre-show, Andrade (accompanied by Zelina Vega) retained the United States Championship against Humberto Carrillo. Carrillo then won a rematch on the following Raw by disqualification due to Vega's interference. Following the match, Carrillo performed a Hammerlock DDT on Andrade onto the exposed concrete, just as Andrade had previously done to Carrillo back in December. With Andrade absent over the next month, Vega brought up her new associate, Angel Garza from NXT, Carrillo's real life cousin. The two then feuded where Garza defeated Carrillo at Super ShowDown. On the March 2 episode of Raw, Carrillo teamed with Rey Mysterio to face Andrade and Garza, where Carrillo pinned Andrade. This earned Carrillo another United States Championship match against Andrade at Elimination Chamber.
Backstage on the February 21 episode of SmackDown, Daniel Bryan approached Drew Gulak, claiming to know all of Bryan's weaknesses. On the March 6 episode of SmackDown, Bryan challenged Gulak to a match at Elimination Chamber, which was later made official for the event.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Andrade (c) (w/ Zelina Vega) defeated Humberto Carrillo to retain the WWE United States Championship (12:20)
- The Miz & John Morrison (c) defeated The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Big E) , The Usos (Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso), Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker), Lucha House Party (Gran Metalik & Lince Dorado) and Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode in an Elimination Chamber match to retain the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship (32:55)
- Aleister Black defeated AJ Styles (w/ Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson) in a No Disqualification match (23:15)
- The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) (c) defeated Seth Rollins & Murphy to retain the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship (18:30)
- Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro defeated Braun Strowman (c) in a 3-on-1 Handicap match to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship (8:30)
- Sami Zayn won the Intercontinental Championship
- Shayna Baszler defeated Natalya, Liv Morgan, Asuka, Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan in an Elimination Chamber match for a WWE Raw Women's Championship match at WrestleMania 36 (21:00)
SmackDown Tag Team Elimination Chamber match
|1||Lucha House Party||3||Heavy Machinery||Pinfall||17:15|
|2||Heavy Machinery||5||Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode||Pinfall||23:45|
|3||Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode||6||The Usos||Pinfall||25:15|
|4||The New Day||1||The Miz & John Morrison||Pinfall||29:05|
|5||The Usos||2||The Miz & John Morrison||Pinfall||32:55|
|Winner||The Miz & John Morrison||4|
Women's Elimination Chamber match
|1||Sarah Logan||3||Shayna Baszler||Submission||7:50|
|2||Ruby Riott||2||Shayna Baszler||Submission||8:15|
|4||Liv Morgan||5||Shayna Baszler||Submission||15:00|
Other on-screen talent
- List of WWE pay-per-view events
- World Wrestling Entertainment/Event history
- Elimination Chamber
- Event gallery
- Elimination Chamber 2020 Official Website
- Elimination Chamber 2020 Kickoff Show on WWE Network
- Elimination Chamber 2020 on WWE Network
- Elimination Chamber 2020 Kickoff Show at CAGEMATCH.net
- Elimination Chamber 2020 at CAGEMATCH.net
|2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020|
|2020 World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-views|
TakeOver: Blackpool II • Worlds Collide • Royal Rumble • Takeover: Portland • Super ShowDown • Elimination Chamber • WrestleMania 36 • Money in the Bank • TakeOver: In Your House • Backlash • Extreme Rules • TakeOver: XXX • SummerSlam • Payback • Clash of Champions • TakeOver 31 • Hell in a Cell • Survivor Series • TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs • Dublin