December to Dismember 2006 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), which took place on December 3, 2006 at the James Brown Arena in Augusta, Georgia. Professional wrestling is a type of sports entertainment in which theatrical events are combined with a competitive sport. The buildup to the matches and the scenarios that took place before, during, and after the event, were planned by WWE's script writers. The event starred wrestlers from the ECW brand: storyline expansions of the promotion where employees are assigned to wrestling brands under the WWE banner. Despite it being an ECW brand pay-per-view, wrestlers from the Raw and SmackDown! brands also worked on the pay-per-view. Its name was derived from the December to Dismember event held by the original Extreme Championship Wrestling in 1995.
The main attraction on the event card was an Extreme Elimination Chamber match for the ECW World Championship. It featured wrestlers fighting in a ring surrounded by a steel structure of chain and girders. The six participants were defending champion The Big Show, Bobby Lashley, Rob Van Dam, Hardcore Holly, CM Punk and Test. Lashley won the match and the ECW World Championship after pinning Big Show following a spear. The featured bout on the undercard was a tag team bout between The Hardys (real-life brothers Matt and Jeff) and MNM (Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro), in which The Hardys were victorious.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- The Hardy Boyz (Matt Hardy & Jeff Hardy) defeated MNM (Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro) (w/ Melina) (22:33)
- Balls Mahoney defeated Matt Striker in a Striker's Rules match (7:12)
- Elijah Burke and Sylvester Terkay defeated The Full Blooded Italians (Little Guido Maritato & Tony Mamaluke) (w/ Trinity) (6:41)
- Daivari (w/ The Great Khali) defeated Tommy Dreamer (7:22)
- Kevin Thorn & Ariel defeated Mike Knox & Kelly Kelly in an Intergender tag team match (7:43)
- Bobby Lashley defeated The Big Show (c), Rob Van Dam, Hardcore Holly, CM Punk and Test in an Extreme Elimination Chamber match to win the ECW World Championship (24:42)
Elimination Chamber entrances and eliminations
|Eliminated||Wrestler||Entered||Weapon||Method of elimination||Time|
|First||CM Punk||Third||Steel chair||Pinned by RVD after a Five-Star Frog Splash from the top turnbuckle||12:35|
|Second||Hardcore Holly||First||n/a||Pinned by Test after a big boot||12:45|
|Third||Rob Van Dam||Second||n/a||Pinned by Test after a diving elbow drop onto a steel chair from the top of The Big Show's pod||14:00|
|Fourth||Test||Fourth||Crowbar||Pinned by Lashley after a spear||19:42|
|Fifth||The Big Show||Sixth||Barbed wire
|Pinned by Lashley after a spear||24:42|
Other on-screen talent
DVD & Video Releases
- December To Dismember 2006 official website
- December To Dismember 2006 CAGEMATCH.net
- December To Dismember 2006 at Online World of Wrestling
- December To Dismember 2006 on WWE Network
|December to Dismember|
|Extreme Championship Wrestling|
|World Wrestling Entertainment|
|2006 World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-views|
|New Years Revolution • Royal Rumble • No Way Out • WrestleMania • Backlash • Judgment Day • One Night Stand • Vengeance • The Great American Bash • SummerSlam • Unforgiven • No Mercy • Cyber Sunday • Survivor Series • December To Dismember • Armageddon|