William Jason (Jay) Reso (born November 30, 1973), is a Canadian-American wrestler, better known by his ring name, Christian Cage/Christian He is currently performing for World Wrestling Entertainment on its ECW brand, where is the reigning ECW Champion.
He is also very well known for his work in World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment known just as Christian. Reso initially rose through the ranks as one half of the tag team Edge and Christian, alongside his kayfabe brother and real-life longtime friend Edge.
Return to the WWE (2009-)
After resigning from his position on TNA, there had been rumors of Reso returning to the WWE this was confirmed by Dixie Carter that Christian in fact did sign a contract with the WWE. Reso made his return to the WWE on its ECW brand on Feb 10th, issuing a challenge to the winner of the match between Finlay and the ECW Champion Jack Swagger. Later that night Christian won his first match back with the WWE as he beat Jack Swagger in a non-title match. On a February 24 episode of ECW, he would fight the ECW Champion, Jack Swagger, for the ECW Championship. However, Christian came up short in the match, as Swagger successfully defended his title. On the March 10 episode of ECW, Christian won a Tri-Branded Battle Royal, in effect becoming the seventh qualifier for the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania XXV.
ECW Championship and Feud with Swagger and Dreamer
On an episode of ECW, Christian became the number one contender for Jack Swagger's ECW Championship and at Backlash Christian defeated Swagger to become the new ECW Champion. Christian and Swagger would vocalize there differences of opionon about the Backlash match and whether or not Christian cheated and this would lead to a rematch at Judgment Day which was won by Swagger.
On an episode of ECW Tommy Dreamer would cut a promo in the ring thanking the fans for his time and in ECW and that he and ECW GM Tiffany agreed to a one day contract extention so he could get an ECW Championship match at Extreme Rules 2009 and that if he didnt win the match he would retire from ECW for good. In the weeks leading up to the match Dreamer & Christian would gain a mutual respect for each and Jack Swagger would work his way back into the title hunt making the Extreme Rules match a triple threat. Dreamer would go on to win the title at Extreme Rules
Christian would face Vladimir Kozlov on an episode of ECW to determain Dreamer's opponent at Night of Champions and would defeat Koslov making Christian the person to hand Swagger & Koslov both there first ever ECW losses. At Night of Champions Christian regained the title by defeating Tommy Dreamer.
- Finishing and signature moves
- Frog Splash
- "Captain Charisma"
- "Instant Classic"
- "New People's Champion"
- Tag teams and stables
- Nickname for Fans
- Theme music
Championships and accomplishments
- ECWA Heavyweight Champion (1 time)
- PCW Heavyweight Champion (1 time)
- NWA World Heavyweight Champion (2 times)
- PWI Match of the Year - (2000) Edge & Christian vs. the Dudley Boyz vs. the Hardy Boyz at WrestleMania 2000
- PWI Match of the Year - (2001) Edge and Christian vs. the Dudley Boyz vs. the Hardy Boyz at WrestleMania X-Seven.
- PWI ranked him # 454 of the 500 best wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003
- PWI ranked him # 12 in the PWI 500 in 2006.
- 2000 Tag Team of the Year (with Edge)
total ranking: 28/35
In March 2006, Reso began filming his part in "Shoot 'Em Up", a film due to be released in December 2006. Reso has a short speaking part, that of a Secret Service bodyguard for a United States Senator.
On April 12, 2006, Reso taped an edition of "Casino Cinema" for Spike TV.
- Reso graduated at Don Bosco Secondary High School with fellow friend and wrestler Adam Copeland. He married a German woman, Denise, on May 25, 2001.
- He has a tattoo of the head of a bulldog with a yellow rose in its mouth on his left upper bicep. He has four cats.
- He is good friends with Terry Gerin, who was the best man at his wedding.
- Reso started using the Frog splash as a finisher in TNA as a tribute to his friend Eddie Guerrero who had died the day of his TNA debut.
- Reso is also real life neighbours with Chris Irvine, better known by the stage name Chris Jericho.
- Christian Cage’s career history
- Christian Cage’s event history
- Christian Cage’s gimmicks
- Significant Storylines
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found