Bound for Glory V was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by the Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) promotion, which took place on October 18, 2009 at the Bren Events Center in Irvine, California. It was the fifth event under the Bound for Glory chronology. The Event was the Premiere Event for TNA in 2009. The Sting vs. AJ Styles match was voted by the Fans as the match of the year.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- The Amazing Red (c) defeated Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Daniels, Homicide and Suicide to retain the TNA X-Division Championship in an Ultimate X match (15:15).
- Sarita & Taylor Wilde (c) defeated The Beautiful People (Madison Rayne & Velvet Sky) (w/ Lacey Von Erich) to retain the TNA Knockout Tag Team Championships (3:00).
- Eric Young defeated Kevin Nash (c) and Hernandez to become the new TNA Legends Champion in a triple threat match (8:55).
- The British Invasion (Brutus Magnus & Doug Williams) (c) and Team 3D (Brother Devon & Brother Ray) defeated Booker T & Scott Steiner (c) and Beer Money Inc. (James Storm & Robert Roode) in a Full Metal Mayhem Double Ladder Four Way match where The British Invasion become the new TNA World Tag Team Champions and Team 3D become the new IWGP Tag Team Champions (17:15).
- ODB (c) defeated Awesome Kong and Tara to retain the TNA Women's Knockout Championship in a triple threat match (7:35).
- Bobby Lashley defeated Samoa Joe in a submission match (7:20)
- Abyss defeated Mick Foley in a Monster's Ball match with Dr. Stevie as the Special Referee (11:10).
- Kurt Angle defeated Matt Morgan (14:45).
- AJ Styles (c) defeated Sting to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship (13:15).
Other on-screen talent
|2009 Total Nonstop Action Wrestling pay-per-views|
|Genesis • Against All Odds • Destination X • Lockdown • Sacrifice • Slammiversary|
Victory Road • Hard Justice • No Surrender • Bound for Glory • Turning Point • Final Resolution
|Bound for Glory|
|I (2005) • II (2006) • III (2007) • IV (2008) • V (2009) • VI (2010) • VII (2011) • VIII (2012) • IX (2013) • X (2014) • XI (2015) • XII (2016) • XIII (2017) • XIV (2018) • XV (2019) • XVI (2020) • XVII (2021)|