Bound for Glory IV was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), which took place on October 12, 2008 at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. It was the fourth annual Bound for Glory event and the first to be referred to in roman numerals instead of by year. Eight professional wrestling matches were featured on the event's card.
The event featured a supercard, a scheduling of more than one main event. The main event was a standard match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship between the champion Samoa Joe and Sting, in which Sting claimed victory to win the championship. Another featured match was also a standard match with Mick Foley as Special Guest Enforcer, in which Jeff Jarrett defeated Kurt Angle. Two featured bouts were scheduled on the undercard. One was a Four Way Tag Team Monster's Ball match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship with Steve "Mongo" McMichael as Special Guest Referee between the champions, Beer Money, Inc (Robert Roode and James Storm), who were accompanied by Jacqueline, Abyss and Matt Morgan, Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon), and The Latin American Xchange (Homicide and Hernandez); Beer Money, Inc retained the championship in the match. The other was a 3-Way Dance between Christian Cage, A.J. Styles, and Booker T, in which Booker T claimed victory.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Dark Match: Eric Young & Sojourner Bolt defeated Lance Rock & Christy Hemme
- Jay Lethal won a Steel Asylum Match also involving: Sonjay Dutt, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Curry Man, Jimmy Rave, Petey Williams, Johnny Devine, Shark Boy, and Super Eric (12:07)
- O.D.B., Rhaka Khan, and Rhino defeated The Beautiful People (Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, and Cute Kip) in a Six Person Intergender Tag Team Bimbo Brawl match (with Traci Brooks as Special Referee) (6:15)
- Sheik Abdul Bashir (c) defeated Consequences Creed to retain the TNA X Division Championship (9:18)
- Taylor Wilde (c) defeated Awesome Kong and Roxxi in a 3-Way Dance to retain TNA Women's Knockout Championship (5:11)
- Beer Money, Inc. (Robert Roode and James Storm) (c) (w/ Jacqueline) defeated Abyss and Matt Morgan, Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) and The Latin American Xchange (Homicide and Hernandez) in a Four Way Tag Team Monster's Ball match to retain TNA World Tag Team Championship (with Steve "Mongo" McMichael as Special Referee) (20:20)
- Booker T defeated Christian Cage and A.J. Styles in a 3-Way Dance (13:05)
- Jeff Jarrett defeated Kurt Angle (with Mick Foley as Special Guest Enforcer) (20:07)
- Sting defeated Samoa Joe (c) to win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship (16:54)
|2008 Total Nonstop Action Wrestling pay-per-views|
|Final Resolution (Jan) • Against All Odds • Destination X • Lockdown • Sacrifice • Slammiversary|
Victory Road • Hard Justice • No Surrender • Bound for Glory • Turning Point • Final Resolution (Dec)
|Bound for Glory|
|I (2005) • II (2006) • III (2007) • IV (2008) • V (2009) • VI (2010) • VII (2011) • VIII (2012) • IX (2013) • X (2014) • XI (2015) • XII (2016) • XIII (2017) • XIV (2018) • XV (2019) • XVI (2020)|