Johnson describes his inspiration for entering professional wrestling came from his boyhood days watching wrestling legends such as Randy Savage and Ric Flair in the prime of their careers. He cites the now-defunct Extreme Championship Wrestling as additional inspiration. At age 14, he began training under the direction of Jason Knight at House Of Pain.
Tryouts in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and Ring of Honor
Johnson participated in the May 2011 edition of TNA Gut Check held in Plattsburgh, New York. He also attended the Ring Of Honor Seminar/Tryout Camp held in Bristol, Pennsylvania between April 2012 and 2013.
- Finishing and signature moves
- "One Hitter Quitter"
- "The Shaft"
Championships and accomplishments
- Big Time Wrestling Tag Team Championship
- Defiant Pro Wrestling Television Championship
- Defiant Pro Wrestling Tag Team Championship
- NEFW Revolution Championship (1 time)
- Tri-State Wrestling Tag Championship
- Ultimate Wrestling Dynasty Intercity Championship (3 times)