To meet Pro Wrestling Wiki's quality standards, this Stadium article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
Berglund Center Coliseum (formerly Roanoke Civic Center) is a 9,828-seat multi-purpose arena located in the Williamson Road neighborhood of Roanoke, Virginia. It was built in 1971. It was the former home to the Roanoke Dazzle basketball team, as well as the Roanoke Express and Roanoke Valley Vipers ice hockey teams. Currently, it is the home of the Virginia Tech and Roanoke College men's ice hockey teams. The Arena is also the home of the annual boys basketball games between Roanoke's two city schools, Patrick Henry High School and William Fleming High School.
Opened in October 1971, the Roanoke Civic Center was also the former home of the American Basketball Association (1967-1976) professional basketball franchise Virginia Squires. The Squires played there (in addition to the Norfolk Scope, Richmond Coliseum and Hampton Coliseum; all within the state of Virginia) from 1971 to 1972. The Virginia Squires used the Civic Center for only one season due to low attendance. The Squires folded four years later, in 1976. It hosted WCW Fall Brawl in 1994 and Monday Nitro on March 31, 1997. The 1977-1981 Southern Conference men's basketball tournaments were held there as well.
Pay Per Views
- WCW Fall Brawl 1994 - September 18, 1994.
- Monday Nitro - March 31, 1997.
- RAW - December 1, 1997.
- Smackdown - March 10, 2005.
- ECW - June 27, 2006.
- Smackdown - June 30, 2006.
- ECW - November 27, 2007.
- Smackdown - November 30, 2007.
- ECW - June 16, 2009.
- Smackdown - June 19, 2009.
- NXT - June 7, 2011.
- Smackdown - June 10, 2011.
- NXT - May 9, 2012.
- Smackdown - May 11, 2012.
- RAW - May 6, 2013.
- RAW - November 17, 2014.
- Superstars - November 20, 2014.
- NWA-WCW The Great American Bash Tour 1989 Night 16 - July 7, 1989.
- NWA-WCW House Show - September 18, 1989.