Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia is a 2009 war film, directed by Tim Matheson, starring Kenneth Anderson, who was known in World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) as Mr. Kennedy. It is the third installement in the series, as well as the sequel to Behind Enemy Lines, and Behind Enemy Lines II: Axis of Evil. The film was co-produced by WWE Studios, and released direct-to-video and Blu-ray on January 6, 2009.
Colombia is in chaos, and as a brigade of US Navy SEALS embark on a secret mission to ensure that peace talks between the country's government and insurgent guerillas don't erupt into violence, an unforeseen complication threatens all out war. Out of nowhere, the meeting falls under attack and the leaders from both sides are killed. The SEALS have been framed for the crime, leaving them to fight for their lives from behind enemy lines against the Colombian Special Forces (AFEUR). Abandoned by their government and left for dead, the weary soldiers race to uncover the evidence that will prove their innocence while ensuring that the violence is contained. Should the fighting spill over the border, the entire region or both sides could be plunged into a nightmarish inferno of war and death.
- Joe Manganiello as Lieutenant Sean Macklin
- Ken Anderson as Master Chief Petty Officer Carter Holt
- Channon Roe as Chief Petty Officer Kevin Derricks
- Yancey Arias as Alvaro Cardona
- Chris J. Johnson as Petty Officer 3 Steve Gaines
- Antony Matos as Petty Officer 2 Greg Armstrong
- Jennice Fuentes as Nicole Jenkins
- Keith David as Commander Scott Boytano
- Steven Bauer as General Manuel Valez
- Tim Matheson as Carl Dobbs
- Luzangeli Justiniano as Maria Cardona
- Anibal O. Lleras as Carlos Rivera
- Rey Hernandez as Ramirez
The film takes place in Colombia, but was actually shot on location in Puerto Rico. Although Mr. Kennedy appears on the DVD cover, he is not the main character in the film.
As with all WWE films, Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia was constantly advertised on WWE programming, shortly before, and after its release. Kenneth Anderson, better known to wrestling fans as Mr. Kennedy, also frequently made brief appearances to plug the film.
The film was released on January 6, 2009, and as of January 2010, has grossed $4.8m in DVD sales. Its critical reception was mixed to medicore, earning a 5.0 out of 10 based on user ratings at the Internet Movie Database.