The August 29, 1987 Edition of WWF Superstars of Wrestling is a Professional wrestling television show of World Wrestling Federation, which took place on August 4, 1987 at the Dane County Coliseum in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- Paul Orndorff (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) defeated Iron Mike Sharpe (3:14)
- Hercules, King Harley Race & Rick Rude (w/ Bobby Heenan) defeated Frankie DeFalco, Pete Sanchez & Rick Gantner (1:38)
- The Junkyard Dog defeated Terry Gibbs (2:06)
- The One Man Gang (w/ Nikolai Volkoff & Slick) defeated Arthur Washington & Jake Milliman in a Two On One Handicap Match (1:36)
- Strike Force (Rick Martel & Tito Santana) defeated Steve Lombardi & Tiger Chung Lee (2:49)
- Demolition (Ax & Smash) (w/ Mr. Fuji) defeated Scott Casey & Sivi Afi (2:14)
- Dark match: Hulk Hogan (c) defeated Randy Savage to retain the WWF Championship
- A storyline where The Honky Tonk Man began declaring himself as "the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time" and claim no one else could compare to his skill and ability as champion. He particularly singles out former champion Randy Savage (a former ally of his) in his comments, berating his abilities and his relationship with Miss Elizabeth. This begins Savage's on-camera slow-building face turn and sets up an eventual feud between the two.
- Behind the scenes and during the previous several weeks, Savage's face turn was being set up by having him act less hostile toward Miss Elizabeth (on television and at arena shows) and having him face heel opponents (such as Hercules and Harley Race) at untelevised house shows. A dark match against Hulk Hogan which later appears as a home video "exclusive" was one of Savage's last heel matches prior to his full-fledged face turn.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.