The August 22, 2002 Edition of Smackdown is a Professional wrestling television show of the WWE's Smackdown brand, which took place on August 20, 2002 at the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- (c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match.
- The Hurricane & Shannon Moore defeated WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jamie Noble (w/ Nidia) & Tajiri when Moore defeated Noble by reversing a powerbomb attempt into a sunset flip
- Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Matt Hardy with a roll up as Matt was distracted by Kane's pyro.
- After the match, Hardy argued the decision with the referee since this was his hometown
- Billy Kidman defeated Kurt Angle via count-out when Angle left ringside to chase Rey Mysterio Jr. backstage.
- After the match, Angle attacked Kidman
- Rikishi & John Cena defeated D-Von Dudley & Batista when Rikishi defeated D-Von with the Bonazi Drop after Batista hit a spinebuster on his partner and walked out of the match
- WWE Women's Champion Molly Holly defeated Nidia (w/ Jamie Noble) with the somersault sit-down splash onto a standing Nidia after knocking Noble off the apron; had Nidia won the title, she would have flashed the crowd; after the match, Molly knocked Noble into Nidia when Nidia attempted to flash the crowd anyway
- WWE World Champion The Rock & Edge defeated WWE IC Champion Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero when Edge defeated Guerrero with the spear.
- After the match, the Rock knocked an interfering Brock Lesnar out of the ring as the show came to a close
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.