Anaheim is a city in Orange County, California. As of the 2010 United States Census, the city population was about 336,265, making it the most populated city in Orange County, the 10th most-populated city in California, and ranked 54th in the United States. The city anticipates that the population will surpass 400,000 by 2014 because of rapid development in its Platinum Triangle area as well as in Anaheim Hills. The Platinum Triangle is the fastest growing area in Orange County. Anaheim is the second largest city in Orange County in terms of land area (after Irvine), and is known for its theme parks, sports teams and convention center.
Founded by fifty German families in 1857 and incorporated on February 10, 1870, Anaheim developed into an industrial center, producing electronics, aircraft parts and canned fruit. It is the site of the Disneyland Resort, a world-famous grouping of theme parks and hotels which opened in 1955, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, Honda Center and Anaheim Convention Center, the largest convention center on the West Coast. Its name is a blend of "Ana", after the nearby Santa Ana River, and "heim", a common German place name compound originally meaning "home".
Anaheim's city limits stretch from Cypress in the west to the Riverside County line in the east and encompass a diverse collection of neighborhoods and communities. Anaheim Hills is a master-planned community located in the city's eastern stretches that is home to many sports stars and executives. Downtown Anaheim has three mixed-use historic districts, the largest of which is the Anaheim Colony, and is home to the Anaheim White House restaurant, featured in a February 2010 article referring to Anaheim as "one of the top three places in America to find romance," along with Santa Ana and Long Beach. The Anaheim Resort, a commercial district, includes Disneyland and numerous hotels and retail complexes. The Platinum Triangle, a neo-urban redevelopment district surrounding Angel Stadium, is planned to be populated with mixed-use streets and high-rises. Finally, The Canyon is an industrial district north of the 91 and east of the Orange Freeway.
Pay Per Views
- WWF House Show - February 9, 1985.
- WWF House Show - April 13, 1985.
- WWF Superstars of Wrestling - May 23, 1987.
- WWF Superstars of Wrestling - May 30, 1987.
- WWF Superstars of Wrestling - June 6, 1987.
- WWF House Show - February 5, 1989.
- RAW - July 27, 1998.
- Heat - August 2, 1998.
- Royal Rumble 1999 - January 24, 1999.
- Heat - January 24, 1999.
- RAW - September 13, 1999.
- Smackdown - December 2, 1999.
- Heat - December 5, 1999.
- RAW - October 9, 2000.
- Smackdown - March 15, 2001.
- Smackdown - May 24, 2001.
- RAW - August 6, 2001.
- RAW - December 10, 2001.
- RAW - September 23, 2002.
- Heat - September 29, 2002.
- Smackdown - June 5, 2003.
- Velocity - June 7, 2003.
- RAW - December 8, 2003.
- RAW - August 23, 2004.
- Heat - August 29, 2004.
- RAW - June 27, 2005.
- Smackdown - June 30, 2005.
- RAW - October 31, 2005.
- RAW - May 8, 2006.
- RAW - February 18, 2008.
- Heat - February 24, 2008.
- RAW - October 13, 2008.
- RAW - February 14, 2011.
- RAW - January 16, 2012.
- RAW - August 25, 2014.
- Superstars - August 28, 2014.
- RAW - February 15, 2016
- Superstars - February 19, 2016
- RAW - August 8, 2016
- Superstars - August 11, 2016
- Smackdown - February 14, 2017
- WWE 205 Live - February 14, 2017
- RAW - September 11, 2017
- Main Event - September 13, 2017
- RAW - February 26, 2018.
- Main Event - February 28, 2018.
- Anaheim, California on Wikipedia