This is a list of various things that took place in 1947.
- KTLA-TV in Los Angeles is one of the first television stations to air a successful program of professional wrestling with the program Hollywood Wrestling. Matches air from the Grand Olympic Auditorium, and are sponsored by Ford Motor Company. The success of Hollywood Wrestling will result in multiple other programs airing, both locally and nationally, especially during the late 1940s through mid 1950s.
- 8 - Luke Williams
- 20 - Iván El Bronco
- 5 - El Faraón
- 21 - Whipper Billy Watson wins the World Heavyweight Championship (National Wrestling Association) from Bill Longson in St. Louis, Missouri (Watson vacates his British Empire Heavyweight Championship with the World title win)
- 25 - Lou Thesz wins the NWAssociation World title from Whipper Billy Watson in St. Louis
- 13 - Sonny Myers wins the Texas Heavyweight Championship in Fort Worth, Texas (approximate date; opponent unknown)
- 1 - Miguel Guzmán wins the Texas title from Sonny Myers in Houston, Texas
- 28 - Jackie Nichols wins the Pacific Coast Junior Heavyweight Championship from Herb Parks (specific location unknown)
- 21 - Bill Longson wins the NWAssociation World title from Lou Thesz in Houston
- 14 - Frank Stojack wins the Pacific Coast Junior Heavyweight title from Jackie Nichols in Yakima, Washington
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.