- The town of Blessing, Texas was founded. 76 years later it would become the hometown of wrestler James Claxton (b. March 28, 1979).
- 22: The first meeting between the top two American heavyweights of the era, Frank Gotch and Tom Jenkins, occurs in Cleveland, OH. Jenkins takes the bout in two-out-of-three falls.
- 31 - Jim Browning
- 8: Noted hooker Charles Olsen, wrestling under the alias Harry Mays, is involved in the ring death of African-American Osborne Taylor in Hamilton, Ontario. Taylor dies a few days later of injuries incurred during the match, including a broken neck and crushed spinal column. Although initially detained, Olsen is never charged with any crime.
- 3: Tom Jenkins defeats Dan McLeod in straight falls in Buffalo, New York to regain the American Freestyle title.
- 2: Buttan Singh is named the first official Australian heavyweight champion after defeating Gunga Brahm in Melbourne.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.